Luffships’ derived lenticular buoyant aircraft stem from the StratRaft and AeroRaft designs. They are omni-directional (O-D) types for useful duties with routine vertical launch/capture plus payload pick&put ability from small sites anywhere.
In order to manage development with low risk/cost we are pursuing a progressive way with derived versions starting small as below. These projects lead to the proposal for the future seriously heavy lift type shown above (the LS-L150) in scale next to the LZ129 to:
- Undertake duties with up to 150 tonne payloads.
- Provide global aerial cruising services.
- Serve special and high altitude duties with exceptional long endurance/range
For an introduction to LSL’s buoyant aircraft, see our briefing document (available from contact).
Mini airships – Unmanned Indoor and Outdoor Types
- Indoor R/C Models and Outdoor Buoyant Drones as Skybirds
Aerostats – Tethered and Fully Captured
- Low Captured Aerostats as overhead projection screens and shelters
- Tethered Aerostats sky elevators for aerial platform duties
- Nursery Balloons for LTA gas storage and handling
- Skirts, covers and fabric structures needed for ground purposes
Dirigibles – Manned or Unmanned
- Balloon and Normal Category Luffships as patrollers and for light buoyant aircraft duties
- Natural Gas Transport Luffships
- Commuter Category Luffships with pick&put ability
- Transport Category Luffships with pick&put ability as aerial-cranes for general duties
- Large Transport Category Luffships with pick&put ability as aerial-cranes for serious payloads with exceptional endurance and range
Note: The categories (Balloons, Normal, Commuter and Transport) are EASA & FAA airworthiness authority terms for different buoyant aircraft sizes/types.